Monday 16 September 2013

Abnormal business is resumed.

It's been a while, hasn't it? A small thing called life got in the way. Fortunately I'm now blessed with both free time and a modest disposable income once more, which has brought back my nerdish ways. It's changed for me though. I no longer find myself obsessively completist about things, for a start. I don't feel the terrible pang if I leave a new Transformer on the shelf knowing that I have others in the line, nor do I feel the need to read the entire output of the Western comic publishing world. I'd like to say that I'm more refined in my tastes now, but that's not strictly true. It's more that having some time away has allowed me to re-evaluate my collecting ways. I'm now focused on things I actually like, rather than buying for the sake of buying. And that is good. So I'm getting back in the game of reviewing/commenting/making noises that no-one else pays attention to. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment