Thursday 15 April 2010

RIP Pete Steele

I've been holding off posting about this all day, mainly because it wouldn't be the first time that he'd faked his own death. However, it look like it's genuine this time. Pete Steele, singer/bassist with Type O Negative (and Carnivore) died last night. Time was you couldn't open a rock/metal magazine without seeing him in it.

Type O were one of my favourite bands when I was a young goth. They had a wicked sense of humour that undercut what were quite dark songs, and I loved that. If you've never heard anything by them, go and listen to Bloody Kisses or October Rust. If you only listen to one song, make it Black Number 1.

I never saw them live. I was supposed to in 1999, but the Ozzfest got cancelled. I missed every other tour they did since then too. Now I'll never get to see them, which is quite sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment